It is SioTech World (Pty) Ltd.’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, sio.global , and other sites we own and operate.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your: Name; Email; Social media profiles; Date of birth; Phone/mobile number; Home/Mailing address; Work address; Payment information
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have the legal basis for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
• It’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
• It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
• You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
• We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
• to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website;
• to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; to contact and communicate with you;
• for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
• for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
• for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
• to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
• to consider your employment application.
We may disclose personal information to:
• third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
• our employees, contractors and/or related entities; sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
• credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
• third parties to collect and process data.
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in South Africa and the United Kingdom, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
• Restrictions: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
• Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
• Corrections: If you believe that any information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
• Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
• Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
• Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
This policy is effective as of 10 October 2020.
International anti-spam legislation and best practices in the industry require informed opt-in consent to receiving commercial electronic messages; a meaningful unsubscribe option for recipients; and, proper identification of message senders.
SioTech World (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates, need your consent to communicate with you electronically:
• to establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you;
• to understand your needs and your eligibility for products and services;
• to recommend particular products, services, and opportunities to you;
• to inform you about trading and financing features;
• to provide information to you about developments and new products, including changes and enhancements to the Site;
• to develop, enhance, and market products and services, and provide products and services to you;
• to process billing and collection of any fees;
• to conduct surveys and get feedback from you;
• to deliver products and services to you;
• to provide you with news and other matters of general interest to you as a customer; and,
• to meet SioTech World’s legal and regulatory requirements.
Law Enforcement Requests Policy
From time to time, SioTech World (SIO) may receive information requests about its customers from law enforcement agencies around the world. This page is here to provide you and law enforcement with information about how these requests are processed.
When SIO is contacted, law enforcement is generally interested in two types of data: information about customers’ identities and information about their trading activities.
When information requests are received, SIO requires that it be accompanied by appropriate legal process. This can vary from place to place. For example, production orders, search warrants, and subpoenas, but also requests for voluntary disclosure of data may all amount to legal process. SIO reviews each order and request for voluntary disclosure to determine that it has valid legal basis and that any response is narrowly tailored to ensure that only the data to which law enforcement is entitled is provided.
SIO also reserves the right to make disclosures to authorities in order to protect itself, any Associates, and customers.
SIO welcomes inquiries from law enforcement agencies about its policies and procedures. Please contact SIO at [email protected]
ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING (AML) AND KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (KYC) POLICY
• It is the Policy of SioTech World (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “SIO”) to prohibit and actively pursue the prevention of money laundering and any activity that facilitates money laundering or the funding of terrorist or criminal activities. SIO requires its officers, employees, and affiliates to adhere to these standards in preventing the use of its products and services for money laundering purposes.
• For the purposes of this Policy, money laundering is generally defined as engaging in acts designed to conceal or disguise the true origins of criminally derived proceeds so that the unlawful proceeds appear to have been derived from legitimate origins or constitute legitimate assets.
• Generally, money laundering occurs in three stages.
• Cash first enters the financial system at the “placement” stage, where the cash generated from criminal activities is converted into monetary instruments, such as money orders or traveller’s checks, or deposited into accounts at financial institutions.
• At the “layering” stage, the funds are transferred or moved into other accounts or other financial institutions to further separate the money from its criminal origin.
• At the “integration” stage, the funds are reintroduced into the economy and used to purchase legitimate assets or to fund other criminal activities or legitimate businesses. Terrorist financing may not involve the proceeds of criminal conduct, but rather an attempt to conceal the origin or intended use of the funds, which will later be used for criminal purposes.
• Each employee of SIO, whose duties are associated with the provision of products and services of SIO and who directly or indirectly deals with the clientele of SIO, is expected to know the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations which affect his or her job responsibilities, and it shall be the affirmative duty of such employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with the requirements of the relevant laws and regulations.
• The laws and regulations include, but not limited to: “Customer Due Diligence for Banks” (2001) and “General Guide to Account Opening and Customer Identification” (2003) of Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, Forty + nine Recommendations for Money Laundering of FATF, USA Patriot Act (2001), Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering Activities Law (1996).
• To ensure that this general policy is carried out, management of SIO has established and maintains an ongoing program for the purpose of assuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations and the prevention of money laundering. This program seeks to coordinate the specific regulatory requirements throughout the group within a consolidated framework in order to effectively manage the group’s risk of exposure to money laundering and terrorist financing across all business units, functions, and legal entities.
• Each of the affiliates of SIO is required to comply with AML and KYC policies.
• All identification documents and services records shall be kept for the minimum period of time required by local law.
• All new employees shall receive anti money laundering training as part of the mandatory new-hire training program. All applicable employees are also required to complete AML and KYC training annually. Participation in additional targeted training programs is required for all employees with day-to-day AML and KYC responsibilities.