Terms of Service T's & C's
SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd Terms of Service
• These are the terms that govern your use of the SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd.’s (SIO) website (the “Site”) and your relationship with SIO (“we”, “us” or “our”). If you do not agree to these Terms of Services (“Terms”), please do not register for or use this Site.
• By accessing the website at https://siotechworld.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one (1) copy of the materials (information or software) on SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd.’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
• modify or copy the materials;
• use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
• attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Blockchain-Capital (Pty) Ltd.’s website;
• remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
• transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd.’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. SIO Tech World Pty Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Blockchain-Capital Pty Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall SIO Tech World (Pty) Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SIO’s website, even if SIO or a SIO authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on SIO’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SIO does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. SIO may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, SIO does not make any commitment to update the materials.
SIO has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SIO of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
SIO may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
SIO Tech World (PTY) LTD’S CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Our Privacy, Anti-spam, KYC and AML Policies also form part of these Terms. By agreeing to these Terms, you also agree to the way we use and protect your personal information.
• Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms, which take effect on the date of your first use of the Site. You signify that you have read, understood, accept, and agree to enter into a legally binding agreement with SIO upon these Terms, in your individual capacity and for and on behalf of any entity for which you access the Campaign and/or SIO Information. You represent and warrant that you have the authority, and are legally competent, to enter into such agreement
- In these Terms the expression:
• “Backer”, “Donator” and/or “Contributor” shall mean any person making contribution on this Site as a supporter of our Crowdfunding Campaign (“Campaign”).
• The “Project” or the “Campaign” refers to SIO Tech World’s Crowdfunding Campaign aimed at attracting sufficient funds to take its services and products from proof-of-concept to commercial readiness and to market.
• “Donation” shall mean a contribution to the Project.
• “SIO Tech World” is the trading name of SIO Tech World Pty Ltd, a private limited liability company incorporated under the laws of South Africa with registered number 2018/514936/07 and its registered office at 1005 Aquarius, 10 Blaauuwberg Road, Table View, Cape Town, 7441.
• “Reward” shall mean any product or service provided by our Campaign in return for a Backer’s support for our Campaign.
• “Non-cash Reward” shall mean any non-cash incentive (such as goods, services or events) offered by our Campaign in return for a Backer’s support.
• “Support” shall mean any funds or other support provided by you to our Campaign, through this Site including gifts or loans.
- SIO reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted online constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
- Interruptions, errors and omissions
• Whilst all reasonable endeavors will be made to ensure the maintenance and availability of this Site, SIO does not accept liability arising from any errors, omissions, interruptions of service or delays that may occur in connection with this Site.
• There may be times when our online services are unavailable due to planned maintenance. We will try to inform you in advance of any such suspension through a general notice on this Site but this may not always be practicable.
• We may vary the specification of this Site from time to time without notice.
- Registration / Information
- Those who wish to contribute to our Campaign will be required to provide minimal personal information. This information is personal, not transferable and must not be shared with anyone. You acknowledge that you are responsible for all information and activity on this Site by anyone using your credentials.
- Acceptable use
• You must ensure that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, and up-to-date at all times.
• You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes and in a manner, which does not infringe the rights or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
• You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to this Site.
You hereby agree that any content posted by you on the Site will not:
• bring SIO or the SIO website into disrepute.
• be misleading;
• be defamatory, abusive or offensive;
• infringe the copyright, privacy, confidentiality or other right of any third party;
• contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications network; and/or
• break any law or encourage an illegal act;
You must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the Site or any information submitted to or available through it.
• You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from misuse by you of this Site.
• Users of this Site in jurisdictions outside South Africa should be aware of, and observe, all applicable legal requirements in their jurisdictions. In particular, users should ensure that they are able to use this Site without contravention of legal restrictions in the jurisdiction in which they reside.
• You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
• We reserve the right to not accept any contributions that we feel may be the result of any illegal or fraudulent activity.
- Payment Services
Credit card payment processing services for Contributors are provided by PayPal and PayFast. and are subject to their respective Terms of Service (collectively, the “Payment Services Agreement”). As a Contributor, you agree to be bound by the Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by the payment providers from time to time. As a condition to SIO enabling credit card payment processing services through Payment Providers, you agree to provide SIO accurate and complete information about you, and you authorize SIO to share any such information with Payment Providers, as well as transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services. In all cases, standard credit card or other third-party processing fees apply in addition to any Service Fees. We are not responsible for the performance of any third-party credit card processing or third-party payment services.
- Limitations of liability
• We take care to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this Site. We represent and warrant that no information, exhibit, report, statement, certificate or other document furnished by SIO in connection with the Project contains any untrue statement of a material fact or omits to state a material fact necessary to make the statements contained herein not materially misleading in light of the circumstances under which they were made at the time such statements were made (other than any Third Party Information provided to us).
• The Website, Crowdfunding Campaign and SIO Information contain Third Party Information. This may include financial, operational and other information of Consumers; information related to Bitcoin or Blockchain service providers and other Third Parties associated with our Project; and/or data and forecasts for the projections used in our Project. Third Party Information does not benefit from our representation and warranty.
While every effort has been taken to ensure that all content is correct and not misleading, SIO cannot and does not verify all of the information contained on this Site, it remains your sole responsibility to verify the information. SIO therefore accepts no liability, either express or implied, for any direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered due to the accuracy or completeness of information contained on the Campaign pages of this Site. This limitation includes, but is not restricted to:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• wasted expenditure or time;
• loss of goodwill;
• or other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, whether foreseeable or not.
• SIO hereby excludes all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this Site and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Risks of backing our Campaign featured on this Site
• SIO is committed to providing a secure platform for Backers to provide support to its Campaign profiled on this Site.
• SIO ensures that its Campaign seeking to raise funding through this Site will in its reasonable opinion in sum, create positive change in the world.
• While SIO has made every effort to give an indication of its cost and revenue projections, and how much protection it can offer backers that are funding the project, those indications are based on assumptions that are subject to change. If an insufficient amount of funds is raised, the Project may not be completed and no downside protection can be provided.
• Prospective Backers should be aware that the Project’s success can be influenced by many factors. Supporting the Campaign involves risks and Backers may not recover all or part of any funds given, therefore Backers should not participate in the Campaign unless they can readily bear the consequences of such a loss.
• By agreeing to participate in the Campaign or otherwise using this Site, you understand that SIO makes no representation or warranty in relation to the activities of the Project and accepts no liability for any loss, including but not limited to the inappropriate use of the content or marketing Rewards, as a result of participating in the campaign.
Prospective Backers acknowledge that:
• While SIO has calculated projections as to the anticipated performance of its Project, it is a start-up with no operating history.
• The extent to which the Project will be able to achieve its objectives may depend on factors outside our control, for which SIO does not accept responsibility.
• Non-cash Rewards associated with the Project featured on this Site are supplied by the Campaign to its Backers directly.
• It is not intended that anything stated in this Site should be construed as investment advice or as an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity and this Site and the communications made on or through it are not therefore regulated financial promotions.
• Any person who is in any doubt about backing the Project featured on this Site should consult an independent financial advisor or other appropriately qualified persons.
• SIO does not offer investment advice or analysis.
• SIO is not registered as a broker-dealer or financial or investment advisor and does not provide any services requiring such registration.
• While SIO has made every effort to ensure this, it makes no representation or warrant as to the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of information found anywhere on its website. Any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are only SIO’s and are not intended as investment advice and are subject to change without notice. Information on SIO’s website is not a solicitation of an offer to buy or an offer to sell any security.
- Links to other sites
• The Site contains links to websites of other organisations. The links are provided for your convenience only. SIO does not approve or endorse any third party or its website and takes no responsibility for the content or security of such sites. SIO accepts no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss you may suffer as a result of the use of websites owned or operated by third parties.
• Furthermore, SIO will not be party to or in any way responsible for any agreement or transaction concluded between you and any such third-party website owner or operator.
Whilst SIO makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from this Site, we do not accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system that may occur whilst using this Site. You are strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before using this Site.
• All materials on this Site are owned by and subject to the copyright of SIO, affiliated Projects or third parties.
• No part of this Site, including information, images, photos, logos, names or icons may be copied, republished, posted, or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You are, however, permitted to access, copy and reproduce materials for your personal non-commercial use only.
• You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in content which you submit, post or display on or through this Site. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give SIO a continuous, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit to the Site, unless otherwise agreed in writing between you and SIO.
• SIO reserves the right to cancel the Campaign and refund all associated Backers’ payments at any time for any reason without notice.
• SIO may terminate your access to all or any part of this Site at any time for any reason without notice, and may change, suspend or discontinue all or any part of its online services at any time without notice.
• If SIO terminates your access to this Site or suspends your account for any reason other than a breach of these Terms or as a result of criminal activity, we will endeavour to return any funds that belong to you within twenty-one (21) days.
• All provisions of these Terms which either expressly or impliedly survive termination or expiry of these Terms shall survive termination or expiry, including but not limited to Terms regarding warranty disclaimers, indemnities and limitations of liability.
• These Terms are only intended to be enforceable by you and SIO. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to enforce any of these Terms.
• If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then they shall be severed and deleted from these Terms without affecting the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- Dispute Resolution
If any dispute arises in connection with these Terms, the parties will attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator will be nominated by SIO, the mediation will be conducted in Cape Town and all negotiations up to and including the mediation shall be strictly confidential.
The courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of these Terms (including a dispute regarding the existence, validity or termination of all or part of these Terms or the consequences of its nullity).
- Facilliate Payment Terms
• Facilitators will be reimbursed at 10% of the funds that they are instrumental in bringing to the Company.
• Please ensure that all your donors include your Unique Code with their payments to allow us to apportion your fees accordingly and correctly. Failure to do so may lead to a donor not being recognised as a product of your effort. We will not have the means of verifying this after the fact and any fees that may be payable to you will be forfeit.
• Ensure that SIO Tech World has the correct Paypal account details for the payment of your fees. We do not verify accounts and will not be responsible for any fees transferred to an incorrect account based upon the information we receive.
• All contributions will be accumulated, reconciled and verified according to their respective facilitator by the 20 of every month. Any contributions received after this date will be paid with the following month’s payment run.
• Facilitators will receive a batch payment along with a statement by the 25th of every month.
Any correspondence, queries and/or discrepancies can be sent to [email protected] We resolve to respond within 5 working days of receipt.
• Note that all payments will be 10% of the total contributions received for that period less the relevant bank charges.
• Facilitators are subject to account deactivation and ban should any of the following be detected:
• Facilitators engaging in illegal activity detected within the Affiliate process.
• Facilitators attempting to scam the Affiliate process.
• Facilitators bringing the name of SIO Tech World into disrepute.
• Signing up for multiple accounts under false names.